- 1 reddish large potato, peeled and cut into french fries or wedges
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into french fries or wedges
- 2 bottles of your favorite beer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Sea salt and pepper
Place potatoes in a large bowl and add enough beer to cover. Refrigerate at least four hours or overnight.
When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove chips from the beer and dry thoroughly.
Add the potatoes to a bowl and mix with the olive oil, rosemary and thyme until they are covered. Place the potatoes in a single layer on a parchment-lined oven tray.
Bake 40-50 minutes, until crisp and brown on the outside, turn potatoes twice during cooking, every 15 minutes. If you start to brown too quickly, lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Serve immediately.