How to make an English Bread . We bring you a typical English dessert so you can do it yourselves, with the ingredients and the steps to make it very easy to prepare an English Bread .
How to make Bread English
In England there is a deep-rooted tradition that is more accentuated in the Christmas season: eating the classic English Bread .
An exquisite baked cake with raisins, walnuts and how many fruits we can think of. There is no Christmas table or New Year’s Eve dinner in which this delicious Christmas cake is not missing.
How to make Bread English – ingredients
- 5 eggs
- 150 Gr. of lard
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups flour (35th gr.)
- 3 tablespoons cognac
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup full of raisins
- 1 cup with chopped fruit
- 1 cup cornstarch (about 115 gr.)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Half a cup of walnuts (about 50 gr.)
- Half a cup of almonds (about 50 gr.)
– Difficulty: Medium
How to do Bread English – step by step
- Beat the butter while adding the sugar.
- Separate the yolks from the whites and add them to the previous mixture, slowly while still stirring.
- Add cognac and vanilla and continue beating.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder and the fruit, raisins, walnuts and almonds and go incorporating to the above.
- Beat the Whites to the point of snow and go adding everywhere.
- Take a mold, spread butter so that it does not stick, and pour all the previous mixture inside.
- Put it in the oven for one hour and approximately 10 minutes.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool inside.
Tips for making Bread English
The Bread is ideal when prepared at least one day in advance. If done several days in advance can be stored in the freezer with film paper. It can also be added above, cherries, dates …