The Salsa Verde is known internationally, only that in each country the name Salsa verde is associated with a different sauce. We will show you how to prepare a Salsa Verde to the Spanish in a simple and rich way.
The salsa verde is a sauce widely used in the gastronomy of many parts of the world, although each one with a traditional elaboration of the country concerned.
In one of the most used places is in Mexico, but there, this sauce is hot because it is added to the sauce, among other condiments, Chile, while its main element is the Green tomato ground.
In Europe it is well known the Frankfurt green Sauce, which is made with seven different herbs, as in France, although the combination of herbs is different. In Italy, they consider salsa verde, usually referred to pesto sauce.
In Spain this sauce is used to accompany mainly certain fish, such as hake or turbot. It can also be used for the accompaniment of vegetables, or even the potatoes but, definitely, they speak of very different sauces because even when they have all the same color the ingredients vary considerably and therefore also the flavors.
This is the recipe of the Salsa Verde as it is usually done in Spain, although it admits some small variations according to the region:
How to make Salsa Verde: ingredients
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 Glass of white wine
- 3/4 glass of water or fish broth
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley
– Difficulty: Easy
How to make Salsa Verde: preparation
- Clean the onion and garlic, remove their skins and chop them finely.
- Put a frying pan on the fire with a splash of oil, when it is hot add the garlic cloves and let it brown.
- Then add the chopped onion and let it be done, stirring occasionally, until it has a transparent color and is well poached.
- Add a tablespoon of flour and stir constantly so that it does not stick, but it will roast the same (never should reach Brown).
- Add half a glass of white wine and three quarts of water or broth you have prepared.
- Let it consume a little and add the chopped parsley.
- At this point and, depending on taste, you can serve the sauce as it is or crush it all.